Swap up your traditional granola routine with this tasty chunky grain free granola recipe which is nice on high of a smoothie bowl for a wholesome breakfast. This grain free granola recipe was born from my yearning for granola which occurred to hit me at a time once we had been out of oats. Of their place, you’ll discover sunflower seeds, coconut, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
For those who haven’t seen, I’m an enormous fan of do-it-yourself granola! This grain free granola recipe was born from my yearning for granola which occurred to hit me at a time once we had been out of oats. Of their place, you’ll discover sunflower seeds, coconut, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
Every time I get the urge to purge among the bits of nuts, seeds, and dried fruits that we now have within the pantry, I flip to do-it-yourself granola or these clusters. It’s such a straightforward method to guarantee that none of these scraps get wasted whereas additionally making a scrumptious breakfast choice.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- A scrumptious various to oat-based granola.
- Nice for prepping prematurely as it may be saved in an hermetic container for over every week.
- The proper candy and salty snack that can be packed stuffed with wholesome fat and fiber.
- A fast, one bowl recipe utilizing pantry-friendly elements.
Elements You’ll Want
- Coconut Flakes: coconut flakes make up the majority of this grain free granola. Use coconut flakes fairly than shredded coconut for this recipe.
- Seeds: I like to make use of a mix of pumpkin, chia, sunflower, and sesame seeds. Nonetheless, you may change it up based mostly on what you’ve gotten readily available in your pantry.
- Maple Syrup: naturally sweetens this granola.
- Coconut Oil: since coconut oil is stable at room temperature, it helps this granola kind giant, lovely clumps. You should utilize canola or olive oil as an alternative however could have smaller items of granola.
Recipe Step-by-Step with Photographs
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 325 levels Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
STEP 2: Add all of the elements to a bowl and stir effectively.
STEP 4: switch to baking sheet, urgent down right into a easy rectangle pancake form. Ensure that every thing is smooshed collectively on the pan in order that it kinds clusters after baking. Bake for 18-20 minutes or till golden brown. Watch intently for the final couple of minutes of baking as it could actually burn rapidly.
STEP 5: Permit to chill utterly on the baking sheet. Break into giant items and switch to an hermetic container or ziplock bag to retailer.
Why This Recipe is Good for You
- Almonds are considered one of my favourite wholesome snacks as a result of they supply so many vitamins like vitamin E, calcium, phosphorus, riboflavin, and coronary heart wholesome fat.
- Chia seeds pack a number of vitamin into their tiny kind together with coronary heart wholesome omega-3 fat, fiber, and protein. Talking of protein, chia seeds are a whole protein which suggests they comprise all 9 of the important amino acids.
- Although nuts are greater in energy, analysis reveals that consuming nuts usually doesn’t improve your threat of weight acquire. The truth is, consuming nuts instead of different unhealthy meals can probably assist you to regulate your weight.
Learn how to Serve
Be at liberty to make use of this recipe as a template for no matter you will have hanging out in your pantry that must be used up. I really like consuming this with some almond milk, on high of yogurt, and even sprinkled on a smoothie bowl. The clusters additionally make a tasty snack by themselves too! Listed here are some recipes that will be nice topped with a few of this granola:
Extra Scrumptious Snacks You’ll Love
Chunky Grain Free Granola
Swap up your traditional granola routine with this scrumptious vegan chunky grain free granola recipe which is nice on high of a smoothie bowl for a wholesome breakfast. This recipe was born from my yearning for granola which occurred to hit me at a time once we had been out of oats. Of their place, you will discover sunflower seeds, coconut, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
Stop your display from going darkish
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat the oven to 325 levels Fahrenheit. Line a 9″x11″ baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
In a big mixing bowl, add all the remainder of your elements. Stir within the egg white till every thing is blended effectively.
Unfold onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Bake for 20-25 minutes or till it begins to brown. (Begin checking on it at minute 17 or 18 as it could actually brown too rapidly.)
Permit to chill utterly on the baking sheet. Break into giant chunks and retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 2 weeks.
- You should utilize olive oil or vegetable oil instead of coconut oil, however granola won’t crisp/cluster as effectively.
- Retailer in an air-tight container. Can hold as much as 3 weeks after making.
- Recipe tailored from this Grain-Free Granola from The Primalist
Serving: 1/3 cup | Energy: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg