Tremendous-easy and ideal for a busy weeknight, this Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil is a fast oven-baked model of the Southern traditional! Jumbo shrimp, andouille sausage, potatoes, and corn are coated with a buttery garlic spice combination and baked to a juicy perfection.
A Hearty Seafood Dinner, Baked As a substitute of Boiled!
Are you a seafood lover? I’m! In case you are, there’s little question you almost certainly adore shrimp boil; a Southern specialty made with contemporary corn, new potatoes, sausage, and shrimp, all boiled in the identical pot with a beneficiant shake of seafood seasoning.
In a conventional seafood boil, the components are dropped in one after the other to boil simply lengthy sufficient to be completely cooked, after which the entire pot is drained and dumped out on a newspaper-lined desk. Everybody eats the steaming seafood boil with their fingers – no want for plates or cutlery, thus nearly no cleanup!. ? This wonderful social gathering meals is just not solely well-known for its style, however as an unforgettable eating expertise!
This simple sheet pan dinner channels the flavors of a down-home shrimp boil, with out the necessity for an enormous steaming pot of water, or a large, newspaper-lined desk! All the things is scaled to make this a hearty, however very doable, weeknight meal. And it comes collectively on one pan within the oven – it doesn’t get simpler than that!
What Are the Completely different Varieties of Seafood Boils?
There are every kind of names for this dish, and dishes very related, throughout the South. You could possibly describe this as a Low Nation Boil, or Frogmore Stew, each names hailing from areas of South Carolina. There are additionally particular seafood boils utilizing crab (crab boil, in fact), crawfish (crawfish boil, additionally referred to as Louisiana crawfish boil), and extra!
All of those recipes overlap closely by way of components and taste. Some add components like onions or hard-boiled eggs, whereas others miss components such because the sausage. However, almost all of them depend on the identical major components: seafood, potatoes, and corn.
If you wish to see much more methods to cook dinner up this irresistible set of components, try my Seafood Boil with Garlic Butter Sauce or this Grilled Shrimp Boil in Foil Packets. ?
So simply what components go into this simple weeknight dinner? Let’s have a look at the listing, as a result of you’ll love how healthful and easy that is! All you want are a couple of tasty gadgets and a bit of little bit of time.
- New Potatoes: Wash the potatoes properly, and lower them in half.
- Corn: Lower every ear into 6 spherical sections.
- Sausage: You need to use no matter smoked sausage hyperlinks you want. To maintain the Southern theme of this dinner, I went with spicy andouille sausage. Lower the hyperlinks into ½-inch slices.
- Shrimp: To get the cooking instances proper, you should use jumbo shrimp. Smaller shrimp can be utilized, however they should be seasoned individually from the sausage and go in on the very finish of the cooking time, to keep away from overcooking them. The shrimp should be cleaned, however you may depart the tails on.
- Butter: Melted.
- Garlic: Minced.
- Seasonings: A tablespoon of Outdated Bay seasoning and a bit of little bit of Cajun seasoning make this one unimaginable meal!
- Parsley: Chopped contemporary parsley makes a refreshing and engaging elective garnish.
- Lemon Wedges: For serving.
Find out how to Make Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil
Okay, so let’s get right down to enterprise. Simply how do you make a shrimp boil within the oven? Clearly, it’s sort of a play on phrases – we’re not really boiling something, simply re-creating that shrimp boil style. Right here’s the way it’s accomplished (really easy!).
- Prep the Oven and Separate the Elements. As all the time, begin by preheating your oven. Set it to 425˚F, after which get began with the components. In a big mixing bowl, mix the potatoes and the rounds of corn. In one other huge mixing bowl, mix the sausage items and the shrimp.
- Season and Bake the Potatoes and Corn. Soften your butter, after which stir within the garlic, Outdated Bay seasoning, and Cajun seasoning. Stir properly. Add half of this to the potatoes and corn, toss to coat, after which dump the potatoes and corn onto a big rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 18 minutes, stirring midway by way of cooking.
- Season and Bake the Shrimp and Sausage. Within the meantime, pour the opposite half of the butter combination into the bowl of sausage and shrimp, and toss to coat. When 20 minutes is up, pull the baking sheet out of the oven, and prepare the sausage and shrimp across the potatoes and corn. Bake for 8 extra minutes, or till shrimp are opaque and the corn is tender.
- Take pleasure in! Take your sheet pan shrimp boil out of the oven, garnish it with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
Can I Cook dinner Frozen Shrimp With out Thawing?
Positive! Frozen shrimp can go straight into the oven. On this recipe, the shrimp can be sitting out whereas the potatoes and corn pre-cook, so they might thaw out by the point they go within the oven anyway. In any case, all the time preserve a detailed eye in your shrimp and you should definitely take them out of the oven as quickly as they’re accomplished, in an effort to keep away from overcooking.
Ideas for Success
Making this dinner is really easy, you’ll wish to serve it each week! In the summertime, I kinda do! And, it will get even simpler as soon as you already know these useful suggestions and methods. Learn on, and revel in!
- Don’t Overcook the Shrimp: Most likely crucial factor to know! Overcooked potatoes can be a bit of too mushy, overcooked corn gained’t be as succulent… however these are minor points. Overcooked shrimp, then again, is rubbery and unappealing! So ensure to solely bake for the correct quantity of time.
- Cook dinner the Potatoes Individually: Potatoes can take longer than anticipated to turn out to be tender, so in case you’re nervous about them not cooking by way of in time, be happy to bake them individually and blend them in on the finish.
- Combine-Ins: You’ll be able to undoubtedly load up your sheet pan with additional veggies and goodies, in case you like! From contemporary inexperienced beans or zucchini to a bit of crushed pink pepper for warmth, make this one your individual.
What Goes with Shrimp Boil?
Sheet pan shrimp boil makes a hearty meal, so you actually might not want any sides! Nonetheless, there are undoubtedly every kind of nice aspect dishes to select from if want be. Listed below are just some!
- Salad: You’ll be able to’t go mistaken with a giant, crisp inexperienced salad, or perhaps some refreshingly creamy coleslaw! Basic Southern Coleslaw is an ideal alternative.
- Bread: Plain bread and butter can be fantastic, or you possibly can whip up some simple Garlic and Cheddar Drop Biscuits. Mmm. ?
- Cornbread: One other favourite throughout the South, easy cornbread goes completely with shrimp boil. Do this Gentle Skillet Cornbread – it’s heavenly!
Storing and Reheating Leftover Shrimp Boil
- To retailer leftover sheet pan shrimp boil, cook dinner it down and place in an hermetic container within the fridge. It should preserve for as much as 2 days.
- To reheat I like to recommend utilizing the microwave. Warmth your leftovers on a microwave-safe plate for 15-second intervals, till heated by way of.
SHEET PAN SHRIMP BOIL
Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil is a fast oven-baked model of the Southern traditional! Jumbo shrimp, andouille sausage, potatoes, and corn are coated with a buttery spice combination and baked to perfection.
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
In a mixing bowl mix the halved potatoes and the corn rounds.
In a separate mixing bowl mix the sausage and shrimp.
Soften the butter, then stir within the minced garlic, outdated bay seasoning, and cajun seasoning.
Add about half of the melted butter combination to the potatoes and corn; toss to coat.
Switch the potatoes and corn to a big rimmed baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes, stirring midway by way of cooking.
Within the meantime, add the remaining butter combination to the sausages and shrimp; toss to coat.
When the 18 minutes is up, pull out the baking sheet from the oven and prepare the sausages and shrimp across the potatoes and corn.
Proceed to bake for 8 to 10 extra minutes, or till shrimp are opaque and corn is tender.
Take away from oven.
Garnish with parsley.
Serve with lemon wedges.
SHEET PAN SHRIMP BOIL
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 216
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 10g50%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 3g
Monounsaturated Fats 9g
Ldl cholesterol 164mg55%
Vitamin A 577IU12%
Vitamin C 16mg19%
* P.c Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might fluctuate in accordance with the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.
Key phrases: seafood boil, shrimp boil in oven, shrimp recipes